- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup warm water (110deg to115deg).
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Bread flour, 6-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Mix yeast with 1/2 teaspoon sugar in warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes to form bubbles. Mix together the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 cups flour and 3 teaspoons salt. Mix oil and yeast mixture. Add to flour mixture and mix until well combined. To form soft dough, add 1/2 cup of the flour remaining.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and turn once to grease the top. Let rise in warm area until doubled, about 1-1/2 to 2 hrs.
- Dough should be pounded down. Place the dough on a floured surface. Divide in half. Each one should be made into a loaf. Place each loaf in two greased 9×5-in. loaf pans. Let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375°F until bread is golden brown. To cool, transfer from pans to wire racks.
TIPS FOR HOMEMADE BREAD
What is the best way to use yeast?
Although yeast can seem complicated at first, it is easy to master once you get the hang of it. How to proof yeast Once you have that done, you are good to go. Make sure that the water isn’t too hot. Keep the water temperature below 110 degrees.
How do you make bread?
Kneading bread It’s easy. The process is simple: flour your worktop and then push, pull, and stretch the dough to a smooth finish. The dough should be elastic and smooth after it has been properly kneaded.
How do you proof bread
Bread proofing Allow the yeast to work its magic to make the dough rise. Place the bread in a greased bowl. Let it rest in a warm, humid place until it doubles in volume. These are some tips to help you proof your dough. Proofing tricks .
How can you store homemade bread?
You can Make your own bread For maximum freshness, place in a bag. You can always refrigerate it if you aren’t sure you’ll finish it within a few days. Freeze bread. Wrap it in plastic and place in the freezer. It will keep for several months. You can use the bread to make another batch if it has become stale. Croutons made at home , French Toast Or Bread pudding .
1 slice = 102 calories,
1g fat (0 saturated fat),
20g carbohydrate (1g Sugars, 1g Fiber),
Also Read: 9 Best Milk Brands In India – Sutta Chai Bar